Puzzle Strike Shadows
- Panic Time rule to prevent games from going too long
- A 3-player and 4-player mode with no player elimination and that allows crashing your gems to whoever you want
- A 2v2 Team Battle Mode
- A Custom Clockwork mode to draft your own character
- Puzzle chips and character chips updated to ensure healthy competitive play in tournaments
- New components: game boards and screens
Puzzle Strike is a card game played with cardboard chips instead of cards that simulates a puzzle video game such as Puzzle Fighter or Tetris.
It's a deckbuilding game, which means you build your deck *as* you play the game. Every game is different because the bank starts with a different set of chips each time. Also, there are 10 characters to choose from in the base set, each with different gameplay. Between all that, there are over 411 MILLION starting conditions in a 4-player game, and even more if you include the expansion.
A built-in comeback mechanic means that when you're on the edge of losing, you're also able to do even more combos than usual.
You don't have to worry about shuffling cards because you just put your cardboard tokens in a bag and shake them up to shuffle! Plus, it’s pretty ballin’ to play a game with chips. Play it on your yacht, impress potential mates, etc.
Want the 3rd Edition base set?
The Puzzle Strike 3rd Edition base set has updated balance changes that are newer than both 2nd Edition and the "Upgrade Pack" character chips. It has more components and all the chips are reworded to work with the 3rd Edition's multiplayer modes and the updated -$1 Combine chips. You can mix the 2nd Edition set with Shadows, but get the 3rd Edition base set for a cleaner overall experience.